4145 E. 21st Street Tulsa , OK 74114
Web Address: http://www.tulsastatefair.com/fair/homepage.asp
- The first Tulsa State Fair was held in 1903.
- The annual economic impact for Tulsa County from events and activities at Expo Square is currently estimated to be well over $140,000,000
- Thirty (30) percent of the people living in Tulsa County attend at least three events at Expo Square each year.
- 3.5 million People from all over the nation attend Expo Square events each year.
- Seventy-five percent of the people living in Tulsa County attend at least one event at Expo Square each year.
- All 77 Oklahoma counties have exhibitors at the Tulsa State Fair.
- There are over 800 exhibitors at the Fair every year.
- The Tulsa State Fair, is one of the largest in the world and always runs the 4th Thursday after Labor Day.
- The Golden Driller is 76 feet tall, weighs 43,500 pounds, has a belt size of 48 feet and a shoe size of 393DDD. It was originally built for the International Petroleum Exhibition in 1953. In 1979, it was adopted as a state monument.
- In 2006, the Driller was voted the "quirkiest destination" in the United States by the Kimberly Clark Corporation.
- The Golden Driller has been ravaged by weather, survived tornadoes, photo sessions with tourists, attacked by vandals, assaulted by souvenir seekers, shotgun blasts, and has even had an arrow in the back. The basic angle-iron structure made of plaster and concrete will withstand 200 mile-an-hour winds.